Friday, February 1, 2008

Random Thoughts On Music

Whats up people!! This topic just popped in my head, my brother (17) and I are always arguing about how music is these days... I mean I love music, and love to listen to the new music these days (I know I'm Only 20)... but it really isn't the same, with the exception of T.I., Beyonce', Alicia Keys, Common, and some others... but I mostly remember the 90's and like the groups like Jodeci, Xscape, TLC, SWV, are no longer, but those of that time could actually sing... it seems like if you look like America wants you to, then you get a record deal and those that have true talent can never share it with the world(Dominique Young Of Making The Band 3). Now, I love my Rap and RnB (RnB really sucks now though), but if you look at the Pop and Rock Genre, you can see why I'm concerned. So many young Pop and Rock singers are getting so much recognition, but there is no true talent... people are always talking about the T Pain effect, most Pop and Rock artist use that (Britney Spears, Ashlee Simpson,Lindsey Lohan, Hillary Duff, etc), not to mention they go to rehab all the time, but why is it that no one lets America know that there is no reason for them to be making music, there are plenty of truly gifted talented people out there that deserve to be out there. Thats just something that popped in my head, but I will TTYL:-)

No comments: